I wrote an essay about Lovecraft Country for The Big Idea over at John Scalzi’s Whatever blog. It’s up today, and you can read it here. (And if you’re feeling nostalgic, you can also check out my 2012 Big Idea essay for The Mirage.) Thanks to John for the space!
Last night’s reading at Third Place Books in Seward Park was a lot of fun. If you missed it, your next chance to see me live will be on Tuesday, March 21, at 7 PM, when I’ll be appearing “in conversation” with my friend Nisi Shawl, author of Everfair, at Elliott Bay Book Company.
Thanks to everyone who participated in yesterday’s Reddit AMA! If you missed it, you can read the questions and answers here.
Tomorrow night, February 16, I’ll be reading from Lovecraft Country, answering audience questions, and signing books at Third Place Books’ Seward Park store, starting at 7:30 PM. I hope to see some of you there.
The Lovecraft Country paperback goes on sale tomorrow! I recorded a short video and FAQ about the book for anyone who’s interested:
If you have questions about the novel that the video doesn’t answer, you can come by my Reddit AMA tomorrow. I’ll start answering around noon EST, but the page will be open for you to leave questions an hour or so ahead of time.
* Goodreads is giving away 5 copies of the Lovecraft Country paperback. The giveaway runs through the end of the month and you can enter here.
* Today is the last day of the Bad Monkeys ebook sale. It’s only $1.99, don’t miss it!
On Tuesday, February 14, the same day the Lovecraft Country trade paperback goes on sale, I’ll be doing an Ask Me Anything session on Reddit. The AMA starts at noon EST (the page will open for questions about an hour before then), and will continue until I run out of steam.
If you’re in the Seattle area, you can also catch me live on Thursday, February 16. I’ll be doing a reading and signing at Third Place Books in Seward Park, starting at 7:30 PM.
* In case you missed yesterday’s post, the ebook edition of Bad Monkeys is on sale for $1.99 through February 13.
The trade paperback edition of Lovecraft Country will be on sale February 14, so if you’re looking for the perfect Valentine’s Day gift… well, keep looking. But if you’re up for a timely, entertaining novel that Nancy Pearl called “amazing” and “a stunner” and that the Chicago Review of Books said is “worth every dime,” I’ve got you covered.
In related news:
* Lovecraft Country is eligible for a Hugo Award, so if you’re a member of Worldcon, please feel free to nominate it.
* As always, you can order signed copies of Lovecraft Country and any of my other novels from Secret Garden Books, and they do ship internationally.
* I’ll be reading and signing books at Queen Anne Book Company in Seattle on Thursday, April 13 at 7 PM. I’m working on adding some other events as well; check the appearances page for an up-to-the-minute schedule.