The information below is as accurate and complete as I can make it, but particularly in the case of foreign-language editions it can be difficult to verify such things as exact publication dates. Artworks on this page remain the property of their respective copyright holders; in most cases, this will be the illustrator or photographer who created the image.
• First edition hardcover (pictured at right) published 2003 by HarperCollinsPublishers. Jacket design by Roberto de Vicq de Cumptich; jacket photograph by Richard Bradley; book design by Joseph Rutt.
• Trade paperback published 2004 by the Perennial imprint of HarperCollinsPublishers.
• Excerpted in The James Tiptree Award Anthology 1: Sex, the Future, & Chocolate Chip Cookies, published 2004 by Tachyon Publications.
• Braille edition produced 2005 by the Washington Talking Book & Braille Library.
• Ebook edition published 2009 by HarperCollins.
• UK trade paperback edition (pictured below) published 2003 by the Flamingo imprint of HarperCollins UK. Cover photograph by Sergio Larrain/Magnum Photos.
• UK mass
• German-language ebook published 2017 by Carl Hanser Verlag.
• French-language trade paperback, retitled La Proie des âmes, published 2005 by Les Editions du Seuil. Translation by Laurence Viallet.
• French-language mass market paperback published 2006 by Les Editions du Seuil.
• Italian-language trade paperback (pictured above), retitled La Casa Delle Anime, published 2005 by Fanucci Editore. Translation by Luca Briasco. Cover illustration by Daniele Colaiacomo.
• Dutch-language trade paperback, retitled Verliefde Zielen, published 2010 by Contact. Translation by Mieke Lindenburg.
• Portuguese-language trade paperback, retitled Pôr a casa em ordem, published 2010 by Camões & Companhia. Translation by Fernanda Semedo.