The information below is as accurate and complete as I can make it, but particularly in the case of foreign-language editions it can be difficult to verify such things as exact publication dates. Artworks on this page remain the property of their respective copyright holders; in most cases, this will be the illustrator or photographer who created the image.
• First edition hardcover (pictured at right) published 1997 by The Atlantic Monthly Press. Cover illustration by Elaine Cardella; cover design by Rick Pracher.
• Mass market paperback published 1998 by Warner/Aspect. Cover illustration by Elaine Cardella; cover design by Don Puckey.
• Trade paperback published 2004 by Grove Press. Cover illustration (sans World Trade towers) by Elaine Cardella; cover design by Rick Pracher.
• Ebook edition published 2007 by Grove Press.
• German-language hardcover (pictured at left), retitled G.A.S.: Die Trilogie der Stadtwerke, published 1998 by Carl Hanser Verlag. Translation by Ditte König and Giovanni Bandini. Cover illustration by Gabriel Nemeth.
• German-language trade paperback published 2000 by Deutscher Taschenbuch Verlag.
• Polish-language trade paperback, retitled Ścieki, gaz i prąd, published 1999 by Prószyński I S-ka. Translation by Wojciech M. Próchniewicz.
• French-language trade paperback, retitled Un Requin sous la Lune, published 2002 by Éditions du Masque. Translation by Guillaume Fournier.
• Italian-language trade paperback, retitled Acqua, luce e gas, published 2000 by Fannuci Editore. Translation by Vittorio Curtoni. A reissue with new cover art was published in 2004.
• French-language mass market paperback published 2004 by Éditions Gallimard.
• Spanish-language trade paperback, retitled Alcantarillado, gas y electricidad, published 2005 by Ediciones Salamandra. Translation by Susana Beatriz Cella.
• Russian-language hardcover (pictured at right), retitled Канализация, Газ & Электричество, published 2007 by Eksmo Publishers.